The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party) is the European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 30 European countries. Its role is to strengthen the liberal democrat movement throughout Europe, define a common political vision and communicate it effectively to European citizens.
The Brussels-based Secretariat of the ALDE Party supports its activities, organises its meetings, manages its external communication, facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties. To support the work of the Administration Unit we are now seeking a Brussels based:
Junior Finance Assistant
We offer an Indefinite Duration Contract under Belgian social law. In this role, the candidate will be offered multiple opportunities for development & learning and will be part of a young, dynamic, and professionally enriching international working environment.
· process incoming invoices, add budget line and check purchase order
· prepare invoices to members and follow-up their payment
· follow-up donations and individual membership fees received
· reconcile corporate credit card payments with supporting vouchers and add respective budget line
· Prepare reimbursement forms for delegates and participants to our events and process their reimbursement
· Prepare and follow-up the use of the budget of political projects
· Help with the preparation of the annual audit.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
· Two years’ work experience as a Finance Assistant
· Perfect knowledge of French and English
· Advanced MS Excel skills
· Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. Exact Online)
· Organisational and time-management skills
· Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors.