Are you the passionate tax expert we are looking for?
These days, tax management is an important part of a company's development strategy, and is the key to maintain a competitive edge. This is why it is one of the most vibrant and successful areas of our business. The Corporate Tax department provides advice and assistance on corporate taxation in various areas of specialization: middle market, banking, insurance, leasing, real estate, transfer pricing, mergers and acquisitions, due diligence and restructuring of companies.
KPMG Tax & Legal Advisers is looking for an experienced Adviser to join its team. You will be working in our Corporate Tax Practice, reporting to the Manager or Partner in charge. The fundamental role of a Senior Tax advisor is defined as “developing and implementing commercial strategies that meet the business objectives of clients and have a positive impact on their tax positions.”
As an experienced Adviser , you are expected to be knowledgeable in the different technical areas of corporate taxation. You will assume responsibilities just below management level and hold a position of confidence within the company. Your responsibilities include the preliminary technical review as well as assistance and advice in various corporate income tax matters, assisting in local staff training, involvement in other responsibilities as may be delegated by the Manager or Partner in charge of the job.
You will be involved in the following areas of responsibilities:
- Assisting and advising clients (including other KPMG practices) in connection with national and/or international tax issues;
- Operational taxes faced by companies, e.g. withholding taxes, stock exchange taxes, insurance premium taxes and parafiscal charges as well as various obligations regarding exchange of information (savings directive, FATCA...). Corporate tax in general;
- Maintaining relations with clients;
- Involvement in the specialized industry and service workgroups if applicable.
At KPMG, we truly believe our people are the heartbeat to our success. We commit ourselves to encouraging true team spirit and creating an international and dynamic working environment in which each can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career. Additionally, as #1 Top Employer, we highly invest in our people’s development of soft skills and technical knowhow.
KPMG Tax & Legal Advisers disposes of the state of the art tools, solutions and support (IT, library, and databases) to allow you to concentrate on the work at hand and maximize your efficiency. The firm invests heavily in its people in terms of training, welfare, incentive and reward, and prides itself on maintaining a friendly, informal and sociable working atmosphere.
- University Degree in Law or Applied Economics with by preference an additional Tax Degree.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in a similar position or in an internal position dealing with corporate taxes.
- You have a critical attitude in combination with an analytical mind.
- You can work autonomously and adopt a proactive way of working.
- You are service oriented, have a strong business focus and a professional attitude.
- You are an excellent team player and have effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- You want to excel in corporate tax and you are eager to further develop your expertise.
- You have excellent language abilities (Dutch, French and English).