These days, tax management is an important part of a company's development strategy, and is the key to maintain a competitive edge. So the challenge faced by the Taxation team is to develop and implement commercial strategies that meet our clients' business objectives and have a positive impact on their tax positions. The Corporate Tax department provides advice and assistance on corporate taxation in various areas of specialization: banking, insurance, leasing, real estate, transfer pricing, mergers and acquisitions, due diligence and restructuring of companies.
KPMG Tax & Legal Advisers is looking for a Manager Corporate Tax with a keen interest in international taxation to join its team in the Brussels office to further expand the international corporate tax activities.
As a Manager International Corporate Tax, you are expected to be knowledgeable in the different technical areas of Belgian and international corporate taxation and to be experienced in providing written advice to different stakeholders regarding various topics. Your responsibilities include the development, progression and expansion of the client portfolio, coordination and project delivery tax engagements including compliance and all-round advice, execution of final technical reviews and staff training. You will be reporting to the Partner in charge and supervising a team.
Your tasks include among others:
- Advice in connection with national and international corporate income tax issues.
- Advice on corporate tax aspects related to Belgian and cross border transactions, structuring and reorganizations.
- Keeping abreast of Belgian and international tax legislation and case law.
- Review of corporate tax returns.
- Assisting and advising clients in connection with corporate income tax audits.
- Review of tax provisions on the occasion of external audits
- University Degree in Law or Economics, preferably with additional Tax Degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position in a large organisation or with the corporate income tax authorities.
- Dynamic, flexible and sense for initiative.
- Ability to work autonomously with a proactive attitude.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, oral as well as in written.
- Team player with strong service orientation.
- Willing to learn and evolve in a constantly moving environment.
- Critical attitude, analytically minded. Service oriented, strong business focus and a professional attitude.
- You have the capacity to manage high workloads and to work against strict deadlines within a highly dynamic environment.
- You want to excel in corporate tax and you are eager to further develop your expertise in these areas.
- Excellent language abilities (English, Dutch and French).
At KPMG, we truly believe our people are the heartbeat to our success. We commit ourselves to encouraging true team spirit and creating an international and dynamic working environment in which each can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career. Additionally, as #1 Top Employer, we highly invest in our people’s development of soft skills and technical knowhow.
KPMG Tax & Legal Advisers disposes of the state of the art tools, solutions and support (IT, library, and databases) to allow you to concentrate on the work at hand and maximize your efficiency. The firm invests heavily in its people in terms of training, welfare, incentive and reward, and prides itself on maintaining a friendly, informal and sociable working atmosphere.